Before you can pay bills directly through Books, you will need to enter at least one bank account from which payments will be made to your vendors. Refer to the steps below on setting up your bank account with payments.
NOTE: For security purposes, some banks require an ACH ID to be whitelisted. Before adding a bank account please check with your bank and if necessary ask them to whitelist ACH ID 1472830841.
- In Books, select Payments > Bank Accounts
- Select +Add Bank Account
- Name of account
- Type (business checking, personal checking, savings)
Note: (We recommend selecting "business" for this setting. Only select checking or savings if you plan to connect a non-business account. For instance, if you ever cut checks from your personal account - this would be either a checking or savings account and would have your name on the checks, rather than the name of the business).
- Routing number
- Account number
- Starting check #
Note: The Starting Check # does not need to be the next check number in line from your actual checkbook, in fact many customer prefer to pick a much larger number than their physical checkbooks, so it's easy to differentiate between checks sent by hand or via Payments.
- After 2-3 business days, login to your registered bank account. You will see two micro-deposits in your registered bank account.
- Click Verify and enter micro-deposits.
- Your Bank Account is now Verified.
Some things to keep in mind
- Payments must be part of your subscription for this functionality to be enabled.
- Starting Check # is the number of the check you want to begin with from registered bank account.