Performing a Check Run (Authorization Required)
Perform a Check Run to initiate payment to your Vendor(s). Oftentimes, a particular stakeholder such as a controller may require that payments be authorized. Refer to the steps below on how to perform a Check Run when Authorization is required.
- Click Payments > Bills to Pay from the navigation.
- Select Bills to Pay and then click Send for Authorization.
- Confirm email address for authorization and schedule payments date then Send for Authorization.
- Authorizer will receive an email prompting them to Review Check Run.
- Upon clicking Review Check Run, window will display Check Run Authorization page. Authorizer will select View Fullscreen to review each Bill.
- Bills are authorized by default. Authorizer may click Unauthorize to reject payment or select Next.
- Following review, authorizer selects Authorize.
- Authorization confirmed.
- Following Authorization, Bills are ready to be paid. Go to Payments > Check Runs from the navigation.
- Review Status and click Check Run Date.
- Authorized Bills listed in Check Run will be pulled through to payment processor on scheduled date.
Some things to keep in mind
- If there are multiple authorized Bills from the same Vendor on a Check Run, they will be bundled into one payment as long as they have the same Scheduled Payment date.
- You may cancel a Payment on a Check Run while the Bill(s) maintain a status of In Check Run or Authorized without incident.
- Once status changes to Sent, you can attempt to cancel but payment may still proceed. Confirm with your Bank that payment has actually been cancelled.