Item Requests/Item Request Approvals
Under certain Director store setups, you may have local item creation turned off or disabled (this will either be a setting under Director Settings or disabled by default if you have Director Mapping with Electronic Invoicing). If local item creation is not available, then local stores will have the ability to send item requests up to the director store for approval.
First, let's take a look at how a store would request an item:
- A store user can start the request by selecting the + symbol to the left of their account profile (name in the top right) and choose "New Item Request".
- The store user would fill out all appropriate information you would need to create the item including Item Count unit size, Category, at least one purchase unit and at least one storage location.
- When completed, select the "Request Item" button. Once the request is saved, you should be given a confirmation message like the one below.
Once that is completed, we can move on to the Director store to complete the Item Request.
- Once you log into the Director Store, you will notice there is a notification to review your item request at the top of the page.
- Select "Review Item Requests" to see any pending request from your stores. Select the item name in blue to choose what you want to do.
- Once selected, you can edit any part of the item such as the name, CU, Category/Subcategory and purchase unit if needed. Once completed, you will need to either Reject or Approve the request. Approving the request will add the item to the Director store. You will still need to store sync to send the approved item down to the store level.
Some things to keep in mind
- When a local item is approved, the purchase unit will only be enabled for the requesting store. You can enable the purchase unit for any other store that has access to the director vendor after the item is saved at Director if desired.