The Theoretical Cost vs Sales Report allows you to compare your Theoretical Recipe Costs with your Recipe Sales within a given Period or Date Range. This Report also provides an individual Cost % breakdown for all of your sold Recipes. Refer to the steps below on how to view the Theoretical Cost vs Sales Report.
Viewing Theoretical Cost vs Sales Report
- Click Reports > Reports List from the navigation.
- Click Theoretical Cost vs Sales under the Point of Sales heading.
- Filter by Period/Date.
- Select POS Group, POS Subgroup, and/or Include Modifiers for a more granular view (optional).
- Click Go to view the results.
Some things to keep in mind
- Each column in the report can be clicked on to reorganize the data.
For example, you can click on Gross % to see in descending order which POS Items/Recipes are proving the most expensive and least profitable.
- Export the data in this report to Excel by clicking the download button in the upper right.
POS Group: Name of POS Group
POS Subgroup: Name of POS Subgroup
POS Item: Item as displayed in the POS system
Recipe: Name of Recipe
Qty: Total of POS Items sold
Cost: Cost of Recipe
Total Cost: Total cost of Recipes
Gross: Total $ value of POS Items sold
Gross %: (Total Cost / Gross) * 100%
Net: Total $ value of POS Item sold less Discount(s)
Net %: (Total Cost / Net) * 100%