Sending Director Items to Local Stores
If your account is configured with Director you can manage your items either at Director or Locally at the store level. Craftable typically recommends managing items at Director if your stores are similar concepts with similar inventory items, but you should consult with your onboarding manager to discuss and finalize what is best for your exact operations.
Please Note: How your account is configured (items managed at Director vs Local) is not something that can be easily changed without deleting most, if not all, data and starting over. Please speak with your onboarding specialist if you have any questions or would like to discuss further.
Refer to the steps below on how to sync Director items down to the store level:
Check to ensure there are Purchase Units for the item which are 'Active by Store' for the venue you wish to sync down
- Click Inventory > Inventory from the navigation menu.
- Locate the desired item then click directly on the item name.
- From the Item Details Panel click on the Purchases tab.
- Locate the vendor associated with the item you wish to sync down then click directly on the Pack Size.
- Click the Active by Store link at the bottom of the Edit Purchase Unit window.
- Check off the venues you wish to sync the item down to then click Save.
- Click on the Store Sync button from the navigation menu.
- Click Sync Stores.
The behavior of a new item at the store level is dependent on your settings on the Director Configuration page. Here you can control if new items are instantly added to the store's item list, or if the must be reviewed first, and if their storages must be configured as well. Please see the article titled Director Items Sync Settings for a deep-dive into the intricacies of these settings to ensure your account is configured to your specifications!
Some things to keep in mind
Depending on the number of stores / items you are syncing down the sync time may vary. Once the sync is complete the Current Status: will change from "Waiting to Sync" to "Sync Complete".