Within the platform Items are assigned to Categories, and can optionally be assigned to Subcategories nested within each Category. This allows you to view information related to the items (e.g. Costs, Order Form, Reporting Data) split up in Categories. When your inventory is uploaded the Implementation Team at Craftable will work closely with you to configure your categories to your specifications. You can always make changes to these categories in the future. This article goes through adding and editing the Categories on your system, see the article titled Mass Update Item Categories and Subcategories for information on changing the categories/subcategories items are associated with, in bulk.
To view/edit item categories
- Click your name in the upper right screen and select Store Settings.
- Select Item Categories.
- You can delete categories by clicking the trash can icon to the left of the category.
- Click +Add Category at the bottom of the page to add categories. You may also reach out to Support for assistance.
- Click +Add Subcategory at the bottom of the page to create new subcategories and link them to categories.
Some things to keep in mind
- Categories / Subcategories cannot be added or adjusted when there is an audit currently open.
- If you use the Books platform you should also allocate GL Codes to these Categories. See the article titled "Mapping General Ledger (GL) Accounts" for more information.
Please sign in to leave a comment.