In instances where an invoice is not correctly adjusted to reflect being shorted or receiving broken goods before the associated Bill is sent to your accounting team and paid, you would take the following steps to process any issued credit by your vendor and manually remove your theoretical inventory to accurately reflect your in-stock amounts.
- Confirm that the Bill has been submitted to your accounting team by clicking on 'View Bill' on the approved vendor invoice.
- In Books, you will see if the Bill has been Sent to Accounting.
**Note** If you attempt to 'Unapprove Invoice,' the platform will prevent you from proceeding.
- Once your vendor has issued you a Credit, enter it into the platform.
- Once approved, click on 'View Credit' to confirm it has been processed correctly.
- We must now manually adjust our theoretical inventory as the initial vendor invoice shows us receiving more product than we physically brought into the Store.
- Navigate to Inventory > Transfers > New Transfer. Select 'Transfer Out' and the appropriate date.
- Select 'Add Transfer Line' and search for the respective Inventory Item. Enter the number of units you did not physically receive. You should update the Amount field to reflect whether or not you want this transfer to subtract from your costs. If you've entered the Credit you should update the Amount field to "0", if you haven't entered a Credit and want to subtract the costs from your total leave the Amount field as is.
- Confirm Item details on Inventory page reflect your actual in-stock amount.
Some things to keep in mind
- This article applies to customers utilizing the Books side of the platform in addition to Bevager and/or Foodager.
- Depending on your level of access to the system when you click "View Bill" or "View Credit" you may not be able to see it - this just means you do not have access to Books, and is perfectly fine. You can still follow the other steps outlined in this document.