Creating a Credit Manually
In the event that items were returned on an invoice you can manually create a credit to account for the dollar amount difference. This is helpful when needing to keep track of your credits in the system / have a subscription that incorporates the Books accounting platform. Ideally when creating the credit it is best to have the physical copy of the credit from the Vendor on hand. This will help when you need to refer to the item, pack size, quantity and amount. Refer to the steps below on how to create a credit when items have been returned to the Vendor:
- Click Invoices > Vendor Invoices from the navigation menu.
- Click +New Invoice.
- Select the Vendor, Received Date, Invoice Date, Invoice No, Due Date
and amount (this will be negative since it is a credit). Then click +New Invoice.
*note* The invoice number will need to be typed exactly as it is listed on the physical Vendor credit.
- Click +Add > Add Credit on the Vendor Invoice.
- Type in the name of the item, the Category & Subcategory (if applicable) along with the quantity and amount. Then click +Add Credit.
- Verify that the details are correct (Invoice total, line item total) then click Approve Invoice.
Some things to keep in mind
- The above steps are for manually creating a credit. If your account uses Electronic Invoicing, it is recommended you simply upload a scanned image (to the Image Vault) of the credit provided by your Vendor in order to process.