Variance Details Report
The Variance Details Report allows you to see your variances at the Item level over a selected Period or Date Range. Refer to the steps below on how to view the Variance Details Report.
Viewing Variance Details Report
- Click Reports > Reports List from the navigation.
- Click Variance Details under the Inventory heading.
- Filter by Period/Multi-Period.
- Click Go to view the results.
Some things to keep in mind
- Each column in the report can be clicked on in order to reorganize the data.
For example you can click on Depletion to see in descending order which Items have sold the most in the selected Period.
- Export the data in this report to Excel by clicking the download button in the upper right.
- The report will default to pulling data by Period (time between audits).
If you do not see the desired results initially, try filtering By Date.
ID: ID Name (optional)
Item: Name of Item
Depletion: Total quantity of Item depleted during selected Period or Multi-Period
Consumption: Start of Period Audit Count + Received + Transferred - End of Period Audit Count
Variance Qty: Quantity discrepancy between depleted and consumed Items
Variance Amt: This is the value of your variance. We recommend looking at the Actual vs Theoretical Details report to see more data about how the Variance is calculated, but the amount of your variance is calculated as a "true variance", so at a basic level, what you should have paid for all those items vs what you actually paid. So even if you have a Variance Qty of 0, if you overpaid for some items (when compared to your current CU Price), you would still have Variance Amt for the amount that you overpaid.