Cost Summary by Subcategory Report
The Cost Summary by Subcategory Report allows you to see a subcategory cost breakdown relative to sales during a selected Period or Multi-Period. This Report will help you to assess the general profitability of your Subcategories. Refer to the steps below on how to view the Cost Summary by Subcategory Report.
Viewing Cost Summary by Subcategory Report
- Click Reports > Reports List from the navigation.
- Click Cost Summary by Subcategory under the Inventory heading.
- Filter by Period/Multi-Period.
- Click Go to view the results.
Some things to keep in mind
- Each column in the report can be clicked on in order to reorganize the data.
For example you can click on Purchases to see in descending order which Subcategory items have been included on vendor invoices in the viewed date range.
- Export the data in this report to Excel by clicking the download button in the upper right.
- The Sales figures are read directly from your POS system. Remember to create a 'POS Group Mapping' for each Category to populate this report. Categories not mapped to a POS Group will not display Sales data.
- The Category Total Start and End amounts are based on the Inventory value of your two most recent Audits, respectively.
Category: Name of Category
Subcategory: Name of Subcategory linked to parent Category
Start: Total $ value of Subcategory Items at the beginning of selected Period
Purchases: Total $ value of Subcategory Items purchased through vendor invoices
Transfers: Total $ value of Subcategory Items transferred in or out
End: Total $ value of Subcategory Items at end of selected Period or Multi-Period
Cost: The cost of selling Subcategory Items where Cost = Start+Purchases+Transfers-End
Sales: The total sales of Subcategory Items in selected Period as viewed on POS system
Cost %: Cost/Sales expressed as a percentage