Cost Summary by Category Report
The Cost Summary by Category Report allows you to see a category cost breakdown relative to sales during a selected Period or Multi-Period. This Report will help you to assess the general profitability of your Categories. Refer to the steps below on how to view the Cost Summary by Category Report.
Viewing Cost Summary by Category Report
- Click Reports > Reports List from the navigation.
- Click Cost Summary by Category under the Inventory heading.
- Filter by Period/Multi-Period.
- Click Go to view the results.
Some things to keep in mind
- Each column in the report can be clicked on in order to reorganize the data.
For example you can click on Sales to see in descending order which Category has generated the most Sales in the viewed date range.
- Export the data in this report to Excel by clicking the download button in the upper right.
- The Sales figures are read directly from your POS system. Remember to create a 'POS Group Mapping' for each Category to populate this report. Categories not mapped to a POS Group will not display Sales data.
- The Total Start and End amounts are based on the Inventory value of your two most recent Audits, respectively.
Category: Name of Category
Start: Total $ value of Category Items at the beginning of selected Period or Multi-Period
Purchases: Total $ value of Category Items purchased through vendor invoices
Transfers: Total $ value of Category Items transferred in or out
End: Total $ value of Category Items at end of selected Period or Multi-Period
Cost: Cost is calculated as the consumption quantity multiplied by your last purchased price for each item in the category.
Sales: The total sales of Category Items in the selected Period as entered on audit close.
Cost %: Cost/Sales expressed as a percentage.