The GL Summary Report allows you to see the total number of General Ledger allocations made from line items in your vendor invoices during a selected Period or Date Range. This will allow your Accountant or Bookkeeper to easily track how and where payments need to be made. Refer to the steps below on how to view the GL Summary Report.
Viewing GL Summary Report
- Click Reports > Reports List from the navigation.
- Click GL Summary under the Invoices & Bills heading.
- Filter by Date/Period.
- Click Go to view the results.
Some things to keep in mind
- The report will default to pulling data by Period (time between audits).
- This Report includes Sales Tax during the given Period.
- Clicking on a GL Account will allow you to drill-down further to see the exact items allocated to the respective GL Account in the respective Period or Date Range.
GL Account: Name of General Ledger Account (Books required)
GL Allocations: Total number of vendor invoice line Items allocated to given GL Account
Amount: Total value of vendor invoice line Items allocated to given GL Account