General Ledger Accounts
The Books platform allows you to generate General Ledger (GL) accounts to tie into your accounting software. This is another way to see how your costs/expenses are generated over time. Refer to the steps below to set up General Ledger Accounts.
- Log into Books.
- Click GL Accounts from the navigation at the left, and select Chart of Accounts.
- Click the +Add Account button at the bottom.
- Select the kind of account that is being created (e.g. income, expense, cost of goods, etc...), enter the Account Number, Account Name, and subaccount (if applicable) as named in your accounting software. These should be an exact match.
- Confirm by clicking the +Add Account option.
- Account names can always be updated by clicking the Account Number-Account Name.
Things to Keep in Mind
- Account Names and Account Numbers must be unique
- If you have added a new store within your Director account Craftable can copy the Chart of Accounts from one store to another, just send a request through to email@example.com to have this processed.