Prep Items and Batches
These are any items that are created from ingredients by the bar and restaurant and then sold either on their own or as part of another recipe.
Creating a Prep Item
- Navigate to Prep Items under the Inventory section from the navigation menu.
- Click the +New Prep Item button.
- Start typing the Recipe for the Prep Item and select it.
- Assign the correct Category and the optional Subcategory for the Prep Item.
- Enter the Count Unit (CU) for the Prep Item.
- Select the Calculate tab and enter the Prep Item Qty number.
(This specifies how many CUs of the prep item size will be listed in the Prep item).
- Select the Storage tab and click +Add Storage to specify which storage area
(and Bin if desired) that this Prep Item will be kept in. Note: This is the only screen in which you can update the storages and bins of your prep items and batches. Navigate here for any further edits when moving items in your storage locations around.
- Click Save.
Creating a Batch
- Navigate to Batches under the Inventory section from the navigation menu.
- Click the +New Batch button.
- Start Typing the Recipe that will be used for the batch and select it.
- Assign the correct Category, set the Count Unit, and select Batch.
- Select the Make tab and assign the Make Date for the batch.
- In Create By, select whether you would like to create this batch by Prep Size or Serving count. Prep Size is used when you have a desired volume/weight for the batch, Serving Count is used when you have a desired serving count for the batch.
- Select the Storage tab and click +Add Storage to specify which storage area that this batch will be kept in (and Bin if desired).
- Click Save.
Some things to keep in mind
- Once your batch runs out or if you would like to add to the batch at any point you can do so by clicking the + to the right of the batch name within the Prep Items & Batches tab, selecting the amount you would like to add, and clicking Save.
- If creating Batch and the system advises that you theoretically do not have enough inventory in-stock, you may choose to override. Please make sure you are entering vendor invoices and your recipes/POS Items Mappings are depleting correctly to ensure an accurate theoretical running inventory.
- With Batches Depleting as Transfers you will want to ensure that you Toggle the Permission "Allow Negative Transfers" on in order to deplete the Batch Items into the Negative.
To find this Permission you will first need to click "Your Name" in the top right hand corner > Store Settings > Store info > Scroll down to find the "Allow Negative Transfers" Permission.