Some Books users may receive an error from within QuickBooks if they try to add the same configuration file twice. This error reads:
Error QBWC1039: There was a problem adding the application. Check the QBWCLog.txt for details.
Error Unique file ID required.
This is a QuickBooks error, and can be resolved by following steps on the QuickBooks Help site. We've included these steps below for your ease.
The error may be caused by the following:
- If the company file is moved or relocated, saving it back to its' original location will prompt the error.
- If the error is caused by the incorrect removal of the Third-Party applications or Warehouse manager, reinstalling the .qwc file will fill the error.
How to fix it
Reinstall the .qwc file to Web Connector
Estimated time: 15 minutes
- Download the QBWC CP3Tool. (Note: This download requires Internet Explorer 10, Chrome, or Firefox browsers.)
- Double-click the QBWC_CP3Tool_Installer.exe file to install the tool.
- After the installation completes, select Launch the QBWC CP3Tool.
- Minimize the tool.
- If you haven't done so already, download the .qwc file for your application.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and select the company file you are having trouble with.
- Make a backup copy of this company file. (The tool asks you to do this, so it is easier to do it first.)
- Bring the QBWC CP3Tool back up on the screen by clicking it in the Taskbar.
- Click Select File and locate the .qwc file.
- Click Remove Stamp.
- When the Application Certificate appears, select the third option, Yes, whenever this QuickBooks company file is open, and then click Continue.
- In the Application Access Request window click Yes.
- On the access confirmation message, click Done.
- Click OK on the message asking you to make a backup, since you already did this in step 7.
- The QBWC CP3Tool will display a confirmation message if the owner ID was successfully removed.
- Close the QBWC CP3Tool.
- Install the .qwc file to the Web Connector:
- Open Web Connector and click Add Application.
- Go to the .qwc file for Bevager or Foodager and open it.
- Enter your Bevager or Foodager password in the Web Connector, and click Yes on the message to save the password.
The Web Connector is now ready to sync.
If the issue persists you should contact the QuickBooks Technical Support Team. They can be contacted using the following details:
- Go to: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
- Select your QuickBooks Product.
- Choose your QuickBooks version.
- On the Contact Us page, click a topic.
- Click on the Get Phone Number button to see the support number.