- Video Walkthrough
- Creating a Transfer
- Viewing Transfers
- Transferring into the Negative
- Director Transfers
- Some things to keep in mind
The Transfers function allows you to transfer inventory items in or out of a location, including between stores and between platforms. Transfers between stores must be approved, and the transfer will impact the theoretical inventory for all stores once approved.
Creating a Transfer
Click Inventory from the navigation menu and select Transfers.
Click +New Transfer.
Start by entering a Transfer Date. This will default to today's date but you can back date your transfer if needed. (Note: You cannot enter a transfer for a future date.) Click +New Transfer and select the Date of the transfer.
For Transfer Type select either Out or In to indicate if you are creating a transfer Out of the store you're currently in, or a transfer In to this store.
Once you've selected Out or In you will see two new fields: Transfer To/From and Transfer To/From Platform.
Start by selecting the Transfer To/From location. From this dropdown you will always see at least two options: None and the name of your store. If this store is part of a Director brand, then you will also see the names of other stores within this brand.
Once you've selected a location the Platform may be grayed out if the selected location does not have multiple platforms on Craftable, or select the relevant platform if needed. (e.g. Bevager, Foodager, or House)
Single store example:
- Transfer To/From None - use this for transferring items in or out when the source isn't on Craftable. (e.g. items grown in your garden, items purchased from a local store that you don't have as a vendor on the platform, items sold to staff, etc...).
- Transfer To/From your Store - if you select the name of the store you're in then you will need to select a different platform than the one you are on. (e.g. transfer from Bevager to Foodager, or from Foodager to House, etc...)
- Transfer To/From a different Store - this allows you to transfer between stores and between platforms and will impact the inventory in both stores once the transfer has been Acknowledged.
At the bottom you can choose to enter a Description as well as a Memo. Click +New Transfer to save.
Click +Add Transfer Line at the bottom left and type the name of the item within the store hosting the Transfer.
*Note* Once the item is selected, the current in stock of the item within the store creating the transfer will display.
Enter the name of the item within the other store in the section below if necessary. If the selected stores have a Director managed Inventory then the second Item field will not be editable, if the item is at both stores. If the field is editable, it may auto-fill based on name similarity, but can be edited and adjusted as needed as long as both selected items have the same Count Unit.
Without a Director-managed inventory:
With a Director-manager inventory:
Click +Add Transfer Line to save.
When all items have been added, select Request to request acknowledgement of the Transfer from the other store. If you've created a transfer To/From None then the button will read Transfer and your inventory will be updated as soon as this is clicked.
Within the store receiving the request, the option to either Reject or Acknowledge will be displayed. Once the Acknowledge option is selected, the Transfer will impact the inventories for both stores, and will move to History. If the transfer is Rejected it will be removed from the store that Rejected it, and the requesting store can make edits and resubmit, or choose instead to delete.
Transferring Into The Negative
You can control whether a not a transfer can allow the theoretical in stock of your store to go into the negative. By default Craftable will not allow a transfer to make a theoretical inventory go into the negative, but you can change this behavior in your store settings. Simply click your name at the top right > Store Settings > Store Info and toggle on the Allow Negative Transfers option.
Keep in mind that this transfer will apply to the entire store - turning it on in one platform activates it in all platforms. But it is specific to the store that it is activated in. If you would like all stores that you manage to be able to transfer into the negative you will need to activate this setting on all stores.
To view a list of transfers in or out of the platform that have already been acknowledged, simply click Inventory in the navigation bar > Transfers > History. Any unacknowledged Transfers will appear within the Transfers section prior to selecting the History option.
Within the History section, any number of Transfers can be viewed based on the From Date and To Date selected.
Transfers can be created at Director for any account that has Director. Transfers created at the Director level do not go through the Acknowledgement process, they instantly impact the inventory for all stores involved and are immediately made Historic upon clicking the Transfer button.
Do transfers update my CU Prices?
By default transfers do not update CU prices.
If you would like transfers to update your CU prices and you have Director as part of your subscription, please contact our Support Team (email@example.com) as this is a setting that can be turned on for your account. (At this time this functionality only applies to accounts with Director.)
What is "Craftable's AI"?
When transferring items between stores or platforms that are not managed at the Director level, you may see Craftable suggest an item to transfer with a message below is saying "This Item is a suggestion by Craftable's AI." Craftable will attempt to select an item in the other store/platform with a similar name and with the same count unit. Please keep in mind it is not possible to transfer items with different count units.
Some things to keep in mind:
- Transfers can have the Acknowledgement reverted by the store that initially received the request to Acknowledge.
- When selecting items from each store to add to the transfer, only items of the same Count Unit can be used with each other.
- Any Transfers made will not impact Theoretical Inventory within either store until the Transfer is acknowledged.
- If a Transfer is Rejected, it will populate back into an editable status within the store sending the request, and can be resubmitted for Acknowledgement after editing.
- Batches and Items can be transferred interchangeably if need be, so long as they have the same Count Unit. Prep Items cannot be Transferred. (See this article for more information on Batches and Prep Items.)